ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
( Specialisation Cyber Security)
CRICOS Course Code: 108963G
This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills. Individuals in these roles carry out complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, leading a team or a strategic direction of a business. They apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
- Business systems analyst
- Business analytics consultant
- Senior Technical Officer
- Software Manager
- Computer Technician
- IT (Project) Manager
- Telecommunications network planner / manager
- Cyber security administrator
Learner Characteristics/ Target Group
Target groups for the ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology are students who are:
- Seeking to pursue or further a career in information technology.
- Seeking to enter a new industry sector.
- Seeking a pathway to higher education qualifications.
Rosehill College Entry Requirements
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have completed Year 12 or equivalent.
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability and individual needs.
- Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 or equivalent.
Mode: Classroom-based blended learning.
Platform: Online via Moodle.
Timetable: Please consult student services for the current timetable.
Duration: 8 terms or 80 weeks.
Breaks: A total of 24 weeks of holidays, including 3 weeks of break between each 10-week term.
Study Recommendation: 800 unsupervised hours for revision and assessment preparation to enhance understanding.
Training Delivery Site/s
Rosehill College, Level 2 & 4, 616-620 Harris Street, Ultimo 2007
The course will be delivered in eight terms over four semesters spanning two years. The units of competency to be delivered include:
Core Units (6 Units, 600 Hours Total)
- BSBCRT611 – Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving (100 hours)
- BSBXCS402 – Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices (100 hours)
- BSBTWK502 – Manage team effectiveness (100 hours)
- ICTICT618 – Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments (100 hours)
- ICTSAD609 – Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment (100 hours)
- ICTICT608 – Interact with clients on a business level (100 hours)
Elective Units (10 Units, 1000 Hours Total)
- ICTNWK621 – Configure network devices for a secure network infrastructure (100 hours)
- ICTIC611 – Develop ICT Strategic business plans (100 hours)
- ICTPMG617 – Plan and direct complex ICT projects (100 hours)
- ICTCYS612 – Design and implement virtualised cyber security infrastructure for organisation (100 hours)
- ICTNWK546 – Manage network security (100 hours)
- ICTYCS604 – Implement best practices for identity management (100 hours)
- ICTDBS605 – Develop knowledge management strategies (100 hours)
- ICTCYS608 – Perform cyber security risk assessments (100 hours)
- ICTCYS606 – Evaluate an organisation’s compliance with relevant cyber security standards and law (100 hours)
- ICTPMG613 – Manage ICT project planning (100 hours)