Unique Student Identifier
Unique Student Identifier (USI) at Rosehill College
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a pivotal aspect of the Australian education system. It serves as an individual’s lifelong education number, enabling students to maintain an online record of their vocational education and training (VET) undertaken in Australia.
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
A USI is your individual education number for life. It provides you with an online record of your vocational education and training (VET) undertaken in Australia. If you’re enrolled in university, TAFE, or other nationally recognised training, you must have a USI. Without one, you won’t be eligible for Commonwealth financial assistance, nor will you receive your qualification or statement of attainment.
Benefits of USI for Students:
- Lifetime Record: Your USI stays with you throughout your educational journey, consolidating your training records in one place.
- Easy Access: View and download your VET transcripts anytime, anywhere.
- Secure and Confidential: Your personal details and educational records are kept secure.
For International Students:
International higher education students who began their studies onshore in Australia before 1 January 2023 but have since returned to their home country to complete their studies are automatically exempt from needing a USI. For more details on USI for international students, click here.
How to Get a USI?
1. Ensure you have valid identification.
2. Visit the official USI website.
3. Follow the steps to create your USI.
4. Keep a record of your USI for future reference.